The CNA Awards Committee is seeking nominations for the 2023 CNA Awards. The Awards will be presented during the 2023 Annual Conference on April 28. More details to follow. The awards for consideration are:
- Margie Ball Cook Award for a CNA member who has advanced equal opportunities in nursing for members of minority groups.
- Sara Jarrett Award for a CNA member who has contributed to nursing practice and health policy through political and legislative activity.
- CNA Leadership Award for a CNA member who has served as a leader in CNA through service on the Board of Directors or on a committee or task force.
- CNA Emerging Leader Award for a CNA member who has been a nurse for no more than ten years and who is emerging as a leader in CNA or a DNA.
- Carol O’Meara Award for a CNA member who has made sustained contributions to CNA.
Nominations will also be accepted for the CNA Hall of Fame. The CNA Hall of Fame was established in 2004 to honor CNA Members whose dedication and achievements have significantly affected the Colorado nursing profession. Nominees for the Hall of Fame may be living or deceased. Criteria for the Hall of Fame are:
- The nominee must have demonstrated leadership that affected the health and/or social history of Colorado through sustained, lifelong contributions in or to nursing practice, education, administration, research, economics, or literature.
- The achievements of the nominee must have enduring value to nursing beyond the nominee’s lifetime.
- The nominee must have been prepared in a formal nursing program.
- The nominee must have worked in or represented Colorado.
- The nominee must be or have been a CNA member.
To nominate an individual for any of these awards, send a statement to the CNA Awards Committee, which describes why your nominee should receive the award. Please limit your statement to two double-spaced pages. The deadline for receipt of nominations is March 15, 2023. The Awards Committee may seek additional information regarding the nomination.
In addition to these state-level awards; each DNA is invited to designate a DNA Nurse of the Year. The DNA determines the selection of the DNA Nurse of the year. DNA Nurses of the Year will be honored at the Membership Assembly meeting. DNA’s should submit the name of their DNA Nurse of the Year, along with a statement about why the nurse was selected, to the Awards Committee by March 15, 2023.